Monday 4 February 2008

Today was an interesting day...

As my hand decided to finally hop off my wrist and run away in complete terror!

Okay so I've done almost all of my exams, only one more to go and it's a lengthy bugger. But more of that on the day, maybe?...Depends if I'm not sobbing from lack of confidence or partying because I have free time for the first time in around three weeks? Who knows, we'll wait until that mountain appears.

Okay, so today I had two exams. My Higher maths exam in the morning and an art exam in the afternoon. Sounds okay, an okay exam followed by art for a few hours, shouldn't be too hard right?

Wrong. OH SO VERY WRONG.

The maths exam would have been perfectly fine if it weren't for the one tiny detail that they completely changed the damn paper. None of the questions on the paper were like anything I have ever seen before, so I'm relitively sure I completely failed it. Mind you, I'm not the only one saying this...Everyone came out of that exam saying it was hard, so hopefully I haven't done so bad that they'll remove me from the class. That would be bad, I need something to get me into university, and maths is one of my strong points...Atleast I've been told it is? Hope they're right!

And then, around an hour and a half later was my art exam. Now usually an artsy person like myself would consider such an exam to be "fun", right? Again, you're wrong.

The SQA had once again decided to shoot me in the foot by changing the exam itself THIS year. So instead of being judged on your drawing and artistic abilities, you are tested on your art history and knowledge, aswell as how well you can remember what things look like... Oh what a pretty chair! It's brown and made of WOOD! Wow. Please write and essay about it. Oh and did we mention? It has to be four sides of A4 and has to be done in fourty five minutes, can you handle that?

Thank you SQA, thanks a freakin' bunch. Now don't get me wrong, writing is an art and I know this. But it's an art for an English literature classroom, not a painter's.
I guess the only good thing about that is that it requires next to no revision time, which tends to suggest even a brain dead monkey could do it. That's a reaaaaally impressive qualification right there.

So yes, a person with a bit of an almost constantly injured wrist is probably going to have a little bit of difficulty with writing such a number of pages in fourty five minutes...


And that, boys and girls, is how my hand fell off and ran away! If you see it please return it back to me as I do need it for my History exam. One more day of torture and then I'm free for a week and a bit! Yaaaaaaay!
...But then it just starts again. Well doesn't that just suck.

No art this time people, I don't think I need to tell you why.

No comments: