Tuesday 9 December 2008

Hubbub.

Not much really going on right now apart from college work and the coy playing of games every now and then. I do admit I haven't really been able to post much up in the way of art up here and I do apologise for this. However, this doesn't mean I haven't been drawing! Quite the opposite I assure you. Most of my drawings recently have been done on paper in various sketch books. Mostly for college work but definitely beneficial to me, that's for sure. We recently did movement studies in my art class, though it was with a partner and consisted of five minute sketches, a slight movement and then drawing over the image with the movement on top. It's hard to explain, but it's like drawing frames in flash with the onion layer on, except you're going from light colours to darker ones. I decided to do a few practice runs with a more cartoony twist to it as you can see below.

Also managed to throw together a coloured work for you all, rare for me but it's becoming more common... Thankfully!
The lovable Foster's cast. Not all unfortunately, I ran out of space to add in anymore.

Don't like this drawing at all. Guh. Need to work on drawing fire.
Was listening to the Art Grounds radio while doodling these up. The user Percy was playing a bunch of songs and I tried to draw along to each one. It's really hard to keep up, especially on short songs but it really is a fun thing to do hehe!
Dunno about this one really. I did it a lot earlier in the week and I don't recall what was going through my cranium at that moment. Let's just say I was practicing a walking forward pose?


That's all for now guys, have a good day!

No comments: